background

welcome to Cherries and Figs- adventures in the kitchen. It's my place for jotting down food thoughts, delicious recipes, and all things culinary. So, sit down, get comfy and join me in my kitchen....

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mustard Roasted Fish


Tonite I tried out a new recipe and I've gotta say that it's a winner. My girls ate a whole fish fillet each, by themselves! They kept going back for more and more and before I knew it, there was nothing left, which makes me very happy :) This is a recipe that I clipped out of Ina Garten's column in House Beautiful Magazine a couple of months ago and have been meaning to try out. I am glad I finally did- it was a hit! I paired the fish with steamed herbed baby potatoes and haricots verts with lemon zest. Tres magnificent!

Mustard Roasted Fish (serves 4)
4 (8 oz.) white fish fillets such as red snapper or tilapia
8 oz. creme fraiche
3 T. Dijon mustard
1 1/2 T. whole grain mustard
2 T. minced shallots
2 tsp. drained capers
sprinkle of paprika

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In an ovenproof baking dish place fish fillets and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Combine creme fraiche, both mustards, shallots, capers, salt and pepper (to taste) in a small bowl. Spoon the sauce evenly over the fish fillets, making sure the fish is completely covered. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish until it's barely done (fish will flake easily at the thickest part when it's done). Be sure not to overcook it! Serve hot or at room temp. with the sauce from the pan spooned over the top. Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment